- What are nouns? (What is nouns and How to find nouns VIDEO)
- How to find nouns in a sentence. (What is nouns and How to find nouns VIDEO)
- The different nouns: common nouns, pronouns, proper nouns, abstract nouns, collective nouns, compound nouns. (Types of nouns Part 1 VIDEO)
Parts of speech
- We look at the definitions and examples of the eight different parts of speech. (Parts of speech Part 1 VIDEO)
- Simile, metaphor, personification, onomatopoeia, hyperbole, idioms, alliteration, assonance, pun and oxymoron. (Literary devices Part 1 & Literary devices Part 2 VIDEOS)
Past tense and the past participle
- Use of the past tense and the past participle.
- What is an adjective?
- Forming adjectives from nouns and verbs.
- What is an adverb?
- Forming adverbs from adjectives.
- What is a pronoun?
- Using the correct pronouns.
- What is a preposition?
- Preposition of time and place.
- What is an abstract noun?
- How to form abstract nouns.
- Choose the correct quantifier.
- What are conjunctions?
- Choosing the correct conjunction.
- Identify correctly punctuated sentences.
- Identify words that are spelled wrongly.
- Spelling lists for Year 5 and Year 6 are covered.
For the new CEM Exams an outstanding vocabulary is essential. This includes antonyms and synonyms.