Parts of speech
Past tense and the past participle
- Use of the past tense and the past participle.
- What is an adjective?
- Forming adjectives from nouns and verbs.
- What is an adverb?
- Forming adverbs from adjectives.
- What is a pronoun?
- Using the correct pronouns.
- What is a preposition?
- Preposition of time and place.
- What is an abstract noun?
- How to form abstract nouns.
- Choose the correct quantifier.
- What are conjunctions?
- Choosing the correct conjunction.
- Identify correctly punctuated sentences.
- Identify words that are spelled wrongly.
- Spelling lists for Year 5 and Year 6 are covered.
For the new CEM Exams an outstanding vocabulary is essential. This includes antonyms and synonyms.